Okay, so, 2020 has been a…weird year. Really, the only bright spot has been Drag Race. Season 12 has ended, but guess what? Mama Ru has blessed us with an All Stars season right on the heels of Season 12. AND I AM HERE FOR IT.
So, let’s meet our all stars, shall we?
- Shea Coulee: One of our Season 9 queens. She’s amazing, and I love her. I expect her to go far.
- Miz Cracker: It’s time for dinner!!! I love Cracker. I’m still sad about her Season 10 elimination. I’m glad she’s back for her rudemption.
- Alexis Mateo: BAM! Our Season 3 queen is back and she looked sickening, no?
- Blair St. Claire: Our little Broadway baby is all grown up, y’all.
- Derrick Berry: It’s Derrick, bitch.
- India Ferrah: We’re throwing it back to Season 3. India is best known for getting manhandled by Mimi during a lip sync. I’m interested to see more of her.
- Jujubee: I have nothing but love for little Juju. I’m so glad to see her back in the work room.
- Mariah Balenciaga: She’s back, back, back again.
- Mayhem Miller: She, and her white contacts, are back in the work room.
- Ongina: Last but not least, our Season 1 queen. She’s presh.
The theme of this season is old versus new, hence the early season queens against our newer season queens.
And, with the new season, we get new All Stars rules. That’s right, no more lip syncing for your legacy. Well, there’s still that, but there’s no longer a top two. There’s a top one and a super special lip sync assassin. So, not only do we have a cast of killer queens, we get special appearances by other killer queens.
Also, the safe queens gets to vote on which of the bottom two should be eliminated. So, everyone’s voice counts. I think Mama Ru is sending us a message about the importance of voting.
If our All Star wins, her boob lipstick gets sent home. If the assassin wins, the safe queens’ pick gets sent packin’.
The Mini Challenge: The Library is Open
In the great tradition of All Stars, we’re kicking it off with a reading challenge. Everyone did well, but Jujubee killed it.
The Main Challenge: It’s a Talent Show, Y’all
Our queens are tasked with displaying their talent and entertaining our judges. Including special guest judge Ricky Martin. Who was a doll baby, by the way.
Our queens had a variety of talents: dancing, singing, pickle impersonations. You name it, they did it. Our top of the week was India Ferrah, with Derrick and Mayhem landing in the bottom.
I do have to say, Mariah’s performance was amazing. She did a performance art piece about oppression, fighting back, and racism. Super timely, y’all. And Ricky Martin made a point to praise her for it.
Assassin: Yvie Oddly
Yes, girl. I was stoked when Yvie was ruvealed. I was stoked, India was nervous. Y’all, Yvie is practically Gumby, and she’s already a winner, baby. She had nothing to lose. She killed it. Truly an assassin.
Yvie won, and Derrick Berry was sent packin’. Girl, bye. She’s very dramatic and I’m not feeling her.
It was a great episode, and I’m looking forward to this season.
I’m also looking forward to seeing who our assassins are.
My assassin predictions are:
- Kameron Michaels
- Monique Heart
Are you watching All Stars? Tell me about it. If you aren’t, what the heck is wrong with you?