If you follow both the blog and the Drag Race schedule, then you are well aware your girl is behind on the review blogs. Here’s the thing, Covid left me with the memory of that guy from Memento and the sleeping habits of an elderly house cat. Seriously. One day, I forgot I was peeling an orange WHILE I was peeling an orange. Then, when I remembered, I got so tired thinking about finishing that I took a three hour nap about it. While I do understand that I am incredibly lucky, I do also know first hand that even a mild case of this bitch is terrible. I’m still not back to normal, I’d say I’m about 75%, so well enough to get back to blogging.
Lookie here, I’m not going to do four weeks of recaps. It’s too much. So, we’re just hitting highlights.
- Joey Jay needs a new catchphrase. “I’m a gay ass bitch” isn’t going to cut it. Facts are facts, America. < Now that’s a catchphrase.
- Has Michelle’s hair ever been better? No, America, it has not. That silver streak is every damn thing.
- I totally misjudged Rose` , and I regret that. She seems a delight. For some reason, I pegged her as an asshole.
- Tina Burner is on my nerves for reasons I cannot explain.
- Denali can squat dance with the best of them.
- Utica is a dream. Maybe I’m just tired, but I would live in that sleeping bag couture.
- Gottmik? More like Gotthellatalent.
- Kahmora Hall is stunning. Unfortunately, she was the first one sent packing. I hope she does that thing some queens do where they post what they would have worn that week on Instagram. Her performance as a tree was wooden, but I could watch her wear clothes all day.
- Tamisha probably has a shiv in her bag and will not hesitate to use it.
- Kandy Muse – has no idea what musing means and has some fitting issues. The Smoky jury is still out on this one.
- Olivia is not one to be trifled with, and she’s stunning. I hope we get to see more of her music and singing talents.
So, that’s where I stand with all the queens. I have extensive notes on each episode, but I can’t actually read my own handwriting, so we’re going from memory. And, as I pointed out, my normally elephant-like memory is currently hot garbage, so we’re rolling with what we have.
That’s a wrap, squirrel friends. I hope to be back next week with a legit and slightly more cohesive recap.